On Tuesday I finally finished Hadlee's baby blanket. It is not perfect, but hopefully she will forgive me for not being a master quilter. :)
Also, my friend Sarah posted on her blog a few month's an easy pattern for making a car seat cover for an infant car seat. No pattern is easy for me, but as luck would have it, my sister in law Leslie is a master seamstress. So we bought all the materials we would need and she cranked it out in two hours I think she said. Probably would have taken me days. :) But she gave it to me on Tuesday and it is cuter than I could have pictured it in my mind.
The pictures really don't do either project justice. They are both super cute and I can't wait to use them! Our car seat is buried in the basement, so I didn't take any pictures of the cover on the actual seat, but one day, I will. Anyway, here are the pictures of the craft work.
These first two are Hadlee's quilt.
Top of car seat cover
The back side of car seat cover
The cute buttons on the handles of the cover
8 years ago



4 comments:
Way cute carseat cover!!! I am sure you could have done it yourself...if you can sew straight lines you could have done it ;) Good luck with your upcoming move!!! I moved when I was seven months pregnant, thankfully just a few miles away, best of luck!!!
wow, Katie, you're tackling sewing projects! good job! they look so cute. I love those things...but i'm too lazy to learn how to sew, and feel so far behind the world! haha... but glad you're having fun with that. I get back to Utah end of August so maybe we can plan to get together in september. Or if you are getting together with Jill, let me know. we should see if there are any other rugby girls from our day around. sometimes i can't remember who was around for which year...
They look great!
wow!! i am way impressed!! Both look so cute!!! what is the link to the carseat cover? (i'd love to give it a try when the time comes) so cute!!
Post a Comment