I feel like I am lost in a see of boxes or gray Rubbermaid tubs. We have moved so many times in our not quite four years, that we are getting pretty good at it. (This will be our 6th move and our 4th anniversary is a month away!) We had a lot of our stuff stored in my mom's basement, so little by little, we have been bringing it up and putting it in the garage. Two reasons, one, to make the move a little easier on everyone. And two, hoping to be able to go through some of the boxes and stuff before we move it and hopefully getting rid of stuff we don't need. We downsized a lot more than I thought we would before we moved. It has been good though. We have lived with my parents almost 18 months this time around and I feel like if we haven't needed it in that amount of time (with the exception of some things), then we really don't need it. We have been holding on to a lot of stuff with the whole "what if we need it one day" idea. But we don't have room for it now and won't until we are done with school. Let's face it. We are going to be living in small, crammed places for the next 3-5 years. And if we need it "one day" after that, we can buy it again. Anyway, I would say Hunter has moved about 80% of our stuff to the garage already. We probably have about 15% in our bedroom and 5% still in the basement. But we are well on our way to getting things done. I try to do a little a day. But between being 27 weeks pregnant and entertaining my almost three year old, there is not a lot of time for packing and sorting.
We almost having everything done for Hunter's schooling. We finished the online orientation and he just has to call an advisor and we can get him registered for classes on Monday. We just have a few more things to get processed for financial aid and then it will just be a waiting until school starts game. We are excited and nervous about all the changes coming up in the next month. And even more changes in the next three months. But it will be good.
Last weekend, we had Mallory with us. Mason had a soccer tournament in the mountains and Marshall went with Meagan and Mark. Max stayed with the Matt Young's and we had Mallory. We had a fun time. The kids played okay together. I was able to get some things done without Keelia's help. On Saturday we met up with the Matt Young's and saw "Shrek 4" at the cheap movie theater. We had already seen it, but they hadn't. It was just as cute the second time around. I held Ben most of the movie, which meant Keelia didn't sit in her sit much either, but luckily we only paid a few bucks to see it. :) Mallory was with us from Thursday night through Sunday afternoon.
My mom came home from her trip to Utah Sunday night. We went and picked her up from the airport. We were all very glad to see her! Monday night we had the Jeff Young's over for dinner and just hung out.
Tuesday we went to the library. No splash park because the weather has been rainy and cooler. And started the adventure a little later than usual. Tuesday night we had the Matt Young's and some of the Guellers over for dinner.
Wednesday we headed to the zoo. Will and Jen and my mom came with us. It was a pretty fun trip. After the zoo we attempted the splash fountain at the Nature and Science Museum right by the zoo. Keelia and Will didn't really like it because it was pretty loud and the water pressure was pretty high, but I enjoyed cooling off in the fountain. I am a bum, so I didn't take any pictures. But such is life. Wednesday night I went with Sean, Lindsey, and Tammy to see "Eclipse" again. It was just as good the second time around. Except the lack of surprise. But I still really liked the movie.
Today we, quite frankly, did nothing. I packed up a few things here and there. We have almost gotten to the point where we can't pack much else until right before we pack the truck. Our bedding, some of our furniture from our rooms, and clothes. Most of that we still need for the next two weeks while we are still living here. It will make the Monday and Tuesday before we move a little crazy with frantic packing, but such is life when you move, I guess.
9 years ago



1 comments:
I'm impressed with all the packing you have done already!
Let me know when you need me to take Keelia for a break. Whether you need to pack or even just take a rest I'd be happy to come get her and have her play with Will. Whatever you need! I'm serious.
Post a Comment