Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"Summer Nights"

I was going to post last night, but our internet went out during Keelia's nap yesterday and I fell asleep before it was fixed. Something about an "internal outage." Whatever that means.
We have had a good couple of days. We are trying to cram in as much family time as we can before we leave. It is crazy to think that one week from right now, the entire contents of our lives will be in the back of a moving truck waiting for the drive.
Friday night we went swimming with my family. We had everyone (who lives here) there. We went to the Lonetree rec. center. We had pizza for dinner and swam. Keelia LOVED the water. I don't know what it was about swimming in Yuba lake, but her love for water has just grown so much since then. She actually likes it and tries to swim. We basically had to pull her out of the water to leave after TWO hours! It is awesome. Much better than before when she was impartial to the water, borderline hating it.
Saturday we ventured to American Furniture Warehouse with my mom. We were on the hunt for a narrow couch that would fit down the basement stairs we will be moving our stuff down. Turns out, couches aren't so narrow. My sister is giving us one that should just barely fit, so I guess we will stick with that. Saturday afternoon, we went and looked at a house my mom is in the process of buying. It is almost exactly what she has been looking for, so we are really excited for her. Sad we won't be around to help with the move, but such is life. Saturday evening we headed to the Jackson's house for a family dinner. Everyone was there, too. We had yummy food and good company. And we said good-bye to Gran and Jack. We are hoping to see everyone else at least once more before we go.
Sunday church was church. It was nice to have my mom back in the nursery so I don't really have to worry about Keelia. But as I get closer to the end of my pregnancy, I remember how uncomfortable sitting at church is. Especially with the A/C not working. My mom and sister decided Friday night that they wanted to do an early birthday dinner for me with our family, since I won't be here for my birthday this year. So we had Chinese sundaes and ate cake. It was a fun reason to get together and I really appreciate all the effort that went into that dinner for me. I am sure going to miss being around so much of my family.
Yesterday we did a whole lot of nothing. Hunter is basically done with work. He is no longer scheduled for appointments. He has to spend the remainder of his days packing up his equipment and stuff and sending it back. It feels nice to finally purge APX from our lives. And as of Friday, the 30th, they will be completely gone! :) I might be too happy about it. Anyway, since he isn't really working, he is spending his time trying to help out at his parent's house. They are sanding and painting the exterior of their house. So with him gone almost 11 hours yesterday, Keelia and I were lucky to survive each other. :) In the evening we went to my mom's school to help her in our classroom. The Matt Young's and the Gueller's came too. We had dinner and did almost her whole "to do" list. So it was a big help. At least, I hope.
Today we had our last library/splash park outing here, for a while. It was really fun. And Keelia LOVED playing in the water. It is so fun to watch her enjoy it so much. We didn't check out any books because I didn't want to deal with returning them next week or having my mom deal with it, so we just went to be with everyone and play at the splash park. Then we had lunch and hung out until nap time.
Now it is time for bed. Both Sunday and Monday nights, Keelia finally went to bed close to 11pm. (I know, I am not up for mother of the year.) So tonight we are trying to get her back to her normal routine as best we can. Nothing is going to be normal for long, however, because of the coming move.
As far as packing goes, we haven't done much else. I can't move much and Hunter hasn't been home much to move stuff. But hopefully tonight we can get some more stuff organized and ready to go.
Today we finally got Hunter registered for school. It is such a pain. And we learned we probably have longer in school than we thought, just for his bachelor's degree. Oh well. Not much we can do about it now. We are on the path and we aren't stopping until it's over. It is just always different than what you think going in. But it will be okay and we will make it somehow. :)
Also, in my spare time, I have been reading up on how to get your breech baby to turn at home. Some of the methods I have read about are too much for me. And there are some that scare me so much that I will just have a c-section before putting myself or Hadlee through them. But there are some methods (like swimming A LOT, headstands in water, kneeling in the crawling position often, and a few others) that I will try and hope that something works. I really have 4 weeks still before I need to start worrying, but I worry all the time about lots of stuff, so this shouldn't shock anyone. But with lots of prayers and these silly methods, I am hoping that baby Hadlee will decide to take pity on her mother and flip around. :)
That about sums it up. My posts will be few and far between probably, before we move. And for a while after. So just bare with me.

1 comments:

Jess Christensen said...

Remember when you came out to Provo for your freshman year, and we were roomies, and it was almost your birthday, but we convinced you to open all your presents early? Happy early birthday!