Sunday, July 4, 2010

"I Feel Bad"

Well, looking at the date on my last post, that is when my life kind of stopped. Wednesday night, we were looking like this sickness would be gone soon. Early Thursday morning, we were told otherwise, as we woke up to both Hunter and Keelia throwing up. Keelia threw up for close to 2 1/2 hours on and off. When we finally got some rest, it was 5:45am. I was feeling very lucky that I had decided to go to bed fairly early on Wednesday night.
Thursday we were supposed to go to the mountains with some of Hunter's family that are visiting from out of town. But that didn't happen. I was pretty bummed and so was Keelia. She was really looking forward to it. Instead, we stayed around here and did some of our never ending to do list. We are going on a trip soon and have a lot to get done before we go. We actually got quite a bit done. It made me feel better about staying home from the mountains. Thursday night was an okay night. No throwing up, at least.
Friday morning we woke up early to get the oil changed in my mom's car and our car. We were all feeling fine, just tired. Well, when we got home from that, the sickness hit me like a truck. So I tried to rest as best I could, but having an almost three year old that has been sick for almost a week, isn't conducive to a lot of rest. Especially when she has a moment of feeling well enough to want to play. And Hunter felt almost all better on Friday, which was good. Well enough to go to work. And to eat normal foods. We ran to the store close to bed time and just as we were turning on our street, Keelia threw up all over herself, me, and her car seat. Wasn't so fun to clean up. But Keelia had her first shower experience with me. She actually really liked it. She has always been too nervous to try it, but with me in there, she loved it. Friday night was probably the worst night we have had, sickness wise. I finally threw up, which I knew was coming, as much as I hoped that it wouldn't. After being awake in pain for almost an hour after, I took the forbidden Pepto Bismal. Just one dose, but it was enough to calm my stomach so I could get some rest. Keelia was really sick that night too. As fast as she would drink water, she would have a poopy diaper. We were up at least five times, if not more, changing her. But the sleep we did get was not very restful.
Saturday Hunter went to work bright and early. I called Keelia's doctor and made an appointment. With 45 minutes notice, we barely made it. I changed four diapers in that amount of time, and one more when we got to the doctor's office. (The last time I took Keelia to her doctor, she didn't like her "boy doctor." His nurse was a little rough and he didn't make things better, so she told me to find a girl doctor this time. So I did. And it turns out, we both like this doctor much better. So if we have to go to the doctor again before we move, we will definitely see this new girl doctor.) The doctor said if she kept losing fluids at this rate, she would have to be taken to the ER within 24 hours. Plus she hadn't urinated in over 12 hours. So there were some things to be worried about and things to watch. And if there was no improvement soon, we would end up in the ER. The doctor gave us a medicine to calm her stomach and told us to do one dose of children's Imodium. Couldn't find the Imodium anywhere and we were both feeling sick and tired, so we just headed home with the prescription medicine. I gave it to her and her tummy calmed down. We mostly laid in my bed, ate pretzels, and watched movies until nap time. We took a nice long nap. The good news was she went over four hours without needing a diaper change. And then it was over two hours before the next one. Needless to say, she started to do better. And it continued to get better throughout the evening. Last night, she slept all night without waking up. It was SO nice to get a good night's sleep.
This morning she woke up starving, as did I. So I gave her some dry cereal. She ate two Keelia sized bowls. And still we are poop free. I hope that means her body is starting to heal and things are starting to get better. I, on the other hand, ate almost nothing yesterday. And started off today the same. After throwing up early Saturday morning, I don't want to do it again, so I would rather just not eat. But I am eating the bare minimum to keep my growing fetus alive. :) But I don't feel super sick and haven't had tummy trouble since yesterday morning. A lot of prayers have been said that we would feel better quickly, so that we could still go on our trip we have planned. So hopefully things continue to be on the up and up. We are skipping church this morning, just in case. I would rather deal with this illness at home until we are sure it is gone, for the most part. It would be my luck we would go to church and Keelia would throw up all over the nursery. So for today, we will just skip it. :)
All of that being said, today is the 4th of July! One of my favorite holidays, for sure. Probably my second favorite, first being Christmas. We are supposed to go to Hunter's family BBQ later this afternoon, as long as we are all feeling well enough. Today marks year four since his little brother passed away. So we want to be together to remember and celebrate Zach. We will do his annual toy toss today, too, when we go over. Then after the BBQ, as long as we are all feeling well enough, we are going to watch fireworks with some of my family. This being our last 4th of July in Colorado for a few years, I want to do what my family has always done for fireworks. So that is our plan.
Today Keelia is 2 years, 9 months old. It is crazy for me to think that in three short months, she will be three. And not too long after that, we will welcome baby girl into our family. But I want to remember some of the things that Keelia is up to at this age.
*She can reach light switches. She has been able to for a while, but I never wrote it down.
*Her hair is so long. It is down to the middle of her back. However, with her curls, no one would guess it is that long.
*She loves to brush her teeth and does so by herself a lot of the time. Every once in a while, mom or dad have to help to make sure we are actually cleaning teeth. :)
*She dances ALL the time. Any time she hears a song with a good beat, she can't sit down. She HAS to get up and dance. It is the cutest thing and we love to watch her newest moves.
*She loves the Shrek movies. We have watched them probably 50 times in the last few weeks.
*She loves babies and is super excited to be a big sister.
*She kisses my baby (really, my belly) almost daily.
*She really loves her Grandma and is going to have a harder time than me when we move. (Meaning, I am super close to my mom, but Keelia just might be closer.)
*She has entered the princess stage. She loves to dress up like princesses and loves to watch the movies.
*She hasn't completely abandoned her Buzz and Woody stage, yet. She still loves Toy Story and loves her toys from those movies. She still has some tom-boy in her.
*She has almost completely given up her Dora phase. And we are all grateful for that. She will watch it if it is on, but rarely asks for it and rarely plays with any of her Dora toys.
*She loves to sing songs.
Well, this is not a comprehensive list, but it will at least help me remember what she was like at almost three!
If you made it to the end of this post, you are better than me. I usually proofread them before I post them, but this one might even be too long for me to reread. :) I will post pictures of our day today sometime tomorrow.

1 comments:

Jen said...

oh man, i had no idea that it got so bad. i definitely hope it doesn't get THAT bad here. it hasn't even been 24 hours here and we're TOTALLY over this crap. i don't know that we'll last more than a week!