We got back from the Murphy reunion last night. Keelia, my mom, and I were gone a whole week! I had a lot of fun, but I was glad to get home and sleep in my own bed. Here is how our week played out.
On Sunday we left and drove to my brother, Sean's house, in Kaysville, UT. We spent the night with them. It was fun to get to talk and hang out, and to get to see their kids. On Monday afternoon, Keelia and I headed to Lehi, to meet up with my cousin Tricia. We then went with her to watch Traci's kids and to hang out. Then Keelia and I just hung out, and we went to dinner at Cafe Rio with Traci, Dallin, Addi, and Aunt Erin. Then we headed down to Orem, where Tricia lives, which is where we slept for the first few nights. Right after I got Keelia out of the bath, she started getting hysterical because she missed Hunter and she was over tired, and she cried until she threw up. It was pretty gross. Luckily, it was only one spot on the carpet and I think I was able to get it out. Tricia, Corey, and I watched "Forever Strong," which is a rugby movie, which was pretty good. I had a hard time staying awake though. Traveling just makes me tired!
Tuesday, we had a full day of things to do. My mom came down from Sean's in the morning, so we drove to Lehi to meet up with her at my aunt's house. After visiting a while, we watched Traci's kids again in the afternoon. Then we went to my aunt's ward picnic for dinner. It was pretty good and the company was great! Then Tricia and I went to Target, and then headed back to her house. Corey rented "Knowing," which was pretty stupid, but it had a few scary parts, so I tried not to watch it. So during the movie, Tricia taught me how to make fabric hair clips for Keelia. They are so cute and so easy to make. Thanks again, Cousin!
Wednesday morning, Keelia and I went to the mall and did a little shopping and had some ice cream. Then we drove to Lehi and met up with my mom and an aunt and cousins. Then we headed back to Provo to have lunch at The Training Table. (It is a must when I go to Utah, to eat at all my favorite places. I missed a few this time, but I am glad I was able to eat at the ones I did.) After lunch, we just hung out at my aunt's while Keelia napped. Then we did our annual trip to Walmart before the reunion. I LOVE this trip. This year it was Keelia, me, my mom, aunt Erin, Tamar, and Palmer. We had a lot of fun and got almost everything we needed. Straight after that, I had to head to the airport to pick up Hunter. And as soon as I got him, we had to head back to Lehi to see the new Harry Potter movie with a big group of family! It was a pretty good movie. By far the darkest yet! My mom offered to stay home with Keelia at my aunt's, so we could go to the movie. Thanks again, mom. We stayed at my aunt's because the movie got out so late and we didn't want to have to deal with moving Keelia after she was asleep.
Thursday morning we had to run around and finish getting things done for the reunion. It took way longer than we thought. Then came the packing of the cars, which is always the worst part! We finally left for the reunion about 4pm. We didn't get up to the place until after 6pm. So we set up camp and made dinner and before we knew it, it was dark. We had a small fire and then went to bed. We had the Gueller kids, minus Marshall, sleep with us in our tent.
Friday morning we got up, had breakfast, and waited for more people to arrive. There weren't very many of us there on Thursday evening and Friday morning. Just the die hards! So, we headed down to the pool. Then we tried to have Keelia take a nap, but the only place for her to sleep was the tent, and it was close to 100 degrees, so she didn't sleep as long as usual. Then we headed to Brigham City with the Guellers to get somethings from the Walmart. When we got back to camp, there were TONS of people there! It was good to see everyone that came. After dinner, we had our white elephant game. It was fun. Meagan and Tricia wrote a "left right story" instead of the bean bingo. Bean bingo always turns into a bean war and people get hurt. The story game was a lot more calm and better for the kids, by far! Then we had a camp fire and went to bed.
Saturday morning, we woke up and headed to Brigham City to shower at my sister's hotel. We then went to breakfast with some friends of ours from Idaho, the Cardons. It was good to see them and to meet their little girl. Besides living close to them in Idaho, Hunter worked with Aaron in Georgia two Summers ago and Aaron and I have been friends for like 6 years. So it was nice to get to seem them while we were there. When we got back to camp, Keelia napped, and then we headed down to the pool. Really, what else can you do when it is SO hot? We swam all afternoon until it was time to get things ready for dinner. After dinner, we had our annual talent show, and then a quick family meeting. My mom and aunt Erin are retiring this year from planning the reunion. So we voted on a representative from every family to be on a family reunion committee and my cousin Angie is going to head the committee. So it will be fun and interesting to see how it all turns out next year! After the meeting, we had another camp fire and just hung out and talked.
Sunday morning came and we ate breakfast and started to clean up camp. It actually didn't take that long and we were out of camp by 11am, which is like a new record for us! We left Brigham City for home at around noon and got home about 8:30pm. We had a very uneventful trip home, which is good.
And let me just say that Keelia did SO well on the whole trip. She slept so great and was really quite pleasant, even though it was super hot and we were outside a lot! She is such a sweet girl! I am lucky to have her! I just hope her sweetness holds out. This is the first of our three family reunions, right in a row. The other two are not camping, so that will help. But I hope we can all survive to see August! :)
Here are some pictures from the reunion! I didn't post them all, because there were close to 200 to choose from, but here is a random selection. And I have to give credit to my mom, I didn't take one single picture while I was in Utah. Luckily she did, so I can steal her pictures! Anyway, here they are.








9 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment