Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th Of July!

We had such a fun day! It started off with the Highlands Ranch city parade! We love this tradition. And this year we were so happy to have Matt's family and Mallory with us! It makes it that much more fun to have more people there!








After the parade, we stopped by "Zach's Toy Toss." Hunter's brother died three years ago on this day, and this is a sweet tradition they have started to remember him. We love going and supporting the cause. I can't wait until Keelia is older and can understand more and toss some toys!






After that, we headed home to get things ready for out BBQ. My family was nice enough to have a lunch BBQ so we could attend Hunter's family BBQ for dinner and not be too stuffed. I love holidays! Any excuse to have a BBQ! :)
After the BBQ those who wanted to, participated in a "water balloon toss." I put that in quotes because that is what it always starts as, but we all know that it is going to be a water balloon fight before it is over! My mom is so fun! She the one always out there with the kids and does all these fun things with them.











After Keelia's nap, we headed over to Hunter's family BBQ. There were a lot of people there and it was fun to visit. It was supposed to be an outdoor event, but it rained almost the whole time, so we crammed inside, for the most part.
After dinner, we rounded up the family back at our house to head over for the fireworks. We got to the same park every year. I love it. And the nice thing is my sister in law, Lindsey, lives right down from the park, so she lets us park by her house and walk over. It makes the whole night a lot easier. Everyone went except my dad, which is a tradition in itself. And we all had glow necklaces and glow glasses. It was pretty fun! And of course the fireworks show was pretty great. Not as great as year's past, but still great. I love fireworks!










Anyway, we had a great day filled with lots of fun things! And Keelia turned 21 months today! I can't even believe it! Time flies. Sorry about all the pictures and that there isn't a lot of order. With so many pictures, it just takes too long. And I just couldn't choose!

0 comments: