Thursday, March 17, 2011

Yes. We. Did.

Last Friday afternoon, we went to Disney On Ice! It was AWESOME. Tickets were pretty cheap and it was so fun. Watching Keelia's eyes light up the whole time, made the whole experience for me. She just loved it. And I thought it was pretty great, too. Hadlee slept for half of it, which was nice. But she liked watching the show, too. But it's rare that she isn't content, so I wasn't surprised. (Not my best grammar.) We had Wendy's for dinner and just hung out as a family. It was such a fun evening. Here are some pictures. We didn't take too many because we were busy trying to juggle four of us in three seats, plus all of Keelia's snacks and souvenirs. :) Here are some pictures. Sorry for the blurriness. We were in very close spaces.








Saturday we did a whole lot of stuff around the house. I feel like we are so crammed into this little apartment, that every chance I get, I am reorganizing things or getting rid of things. And it was such a nice day that we played outside. That is, until the rain came all of a sudden around dinner time.
Daylight savings about killed us on Sunday morning. We are finally adjusting now. We did make it to church, even if it wasn't on time. And it was such a beautiful day out, we spent most of our time playing outside, again. Keelia dirtied two outfits playing in the mud and stuff. Perfect Spring activity. :)
Monday Hadlee turned 5 months. I am not sure what is happening, but time is not on my side. She is getting so big, so fast, I can barely believe it. She is so close to rolling over, but just refuses to do it. Soon though. She has tried pears, which she loves, sweet potatoes and peaches, which were both spit all over me, both times I tried them out, and green beans, which are right up there with the pears. Which, strangely enough, is how Keelia ate too. Keelia eventually loved both sweet potatoes and peaches, but at first it was all pears and green beans. Can't be genetic, right? :) I am not sure what Hadlee weighs. It is somewhere over what she weighed last week at the doctor. She has a weight check next week, but for now, I would guess around 13 pounds-ish. Which is much better than the barely 12 pounds she weighed a few weeks ago. And while listening to her cough and barely be able to breathe on Monday night/Tuesday morning, I decided that she has Croup. So I made a doctor's appointment Tuesday morning for later in the afternoon.
Never got to see the doctor. Waited 50 minutes with our whole family in tow and had a Relief Society meeting to go to, so we left. Our doctor called us as we were getting home and asked what had happened. I told him and he said he was on call, so he would make a house call, if we were going to be home. Well Hunter and the girls were. I thought it was super nice of him to go above and beyond for Hadlee. He is a pretty great doctor. He left us with an oral steroid for her, to help with the inflammation in her throat. Which is making it super hard for her to breathe at night. It was super scary to listen to. And with her breathing problems, we have to be super careful about these types of illnesses. Even more so, than normal. Well we didn't use the steroid last night, but we did tonight. She woke herself up coughing after about an hour and couldn't stop coughing and was making this really awful noise. So we crushed up the pill and put it in some syrup. You should have seen her eyes pop out of her head. And, boy, did she want some more syrup! Soon enough, Had, soon enough. I am hoping that she wakes up tomorrow feeling a lot better.
She seems to be thriving on formula. Which is fantastic. And I seem to be adjusting fine to the change, too. It sure gives me a lot more freedom to leave the house and not take a kid with me. I don't do it very often, but the few times I have, have been really nice.
Hunter has Spring Break next week. We are pretty excited. And that means only a month after that, the semester is over. It is going by so quickly, which is nice.
Well, I am off to bed. I waited to be able to rotate laundry loads and that is done, so I can't stay up any longer.

2 comments:

tricia said...

Yay for such a great week! I think I would be as happy is Keelia if I went to Disney on ice.
And I am so glad that little miss Hadlee is plumping up so nicely. MOre for me to squish when I finally meet her.
Loves!

Jannie said...

sssoooooo FUN! I just told Andrew a few days ago that I want to take the girls to disney on ice! it looks like fun!

what an amazing doctor you have - wow! I hope everyone is healthy over there now :( Doesn't sound like very much fun.