I figure since April is looming, beginning in less than an hour, I better update on the rest of March.
We had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day, celebrated in true Murphy fashion. The leprechauns visited us this year and provided us the makings of a lovely green breakfast. Green pancakes, green syrup, green milk, and green orange juice. The girls were decked out in their outfits and Hunter and I did our best to represent green. The girls and I went to see Jen and Will and hang out with them in the morning. Then we picked up Hunter and headed to my aunt's house for dinner. Corned beef, cabbage, and a whole lot of green food awaited us and like always, we had some super great company. Here are some pictures from our festivities.
Well, we got home late from my aunt's on Thursday night and put the girls to bed. We were going to Idaho the next morning to see some friends of ours. So Friday I was in the girl's room packing their bags and I kept smelling potty. I kept smelling myself and everything around me trying to figure out why. Finally, I see this huge potty stain on the side of Keelia's bed that could only have been made by an animal. It didn't take long to figure out that our landlord's dog must have gotten in our house and marked his territory all over the side of Keelia's bed. I called them ASAP and they basically said we knew what we were getting ourselves into when we signed at a place that had a dog. They tried to steam clean it themselves twice over the weekend, but to no avail. When we got home from Idaho late Monday night, the whole room still smelled like animal grossness. So the mattress went out to the side of the house that night and we began our search for a new place to live. Here is a picture of the grossness because you probably won't believe it unless you see it.
We had such a fun time in Idaho. We stayed with the Barkers. Hunter and Chris have been great friends since high school and I just love Chris' wife, Cierra. So it works out. Not to mention they have two little girls that Keelia adores. We had so much fun just hanging out and playing and watching movies together. We hadn't seen them in too long, so it was nice. They only live like 2 1/2 hours away, so we hope to make it a more frequent thing. Here are some cute pictures of the girls!
On our way home from their house on Monday evening, we stopped in Layton and ate at the Training Table with Sean's family, Jeff;s family, and Meagan's family. The Guellers were in visiting for Spring Break. It was good to see everyone. Tuesday morning we had Hadlee's weight check. She weighed in at 14.05 ounces!! Needless to say, she is healthy, happy, and we avoided a surgery!! Thank you, formula! She is so cute, I can barely stand it. After the doctor, my sister and her kids came over to hang out. We had lunch together. And Hunter was so nice and watched all the kids so my sister and I could go shopping together. It was SO fun. I wish we lived closer and got to see each other more often like we used to. We had dinner together and then they headed out.
Wednesday morning my mom flew in for her Spring Break visit. We picked her up from the airport and got to spend all day with her. We didn't do much, but it was just so nice to have her here with us. We looked at a few places to live and decided on the apartment we are moving to. Keelia loved having her grandma with her and really didn't want her to leave. Thursday we met up with Meagan's family and had lunch. We also ran to a few stores and then hit IKEA. It is a must when my sister comes to town! We had a lot of fun. Then we took my mom to Lehi so she could spend her time with her sister and mom. We had a family dinner at Chili's that night and then we went home.
Friday, I think I finally finished unpacking and recovering from our whirlwind week. Keelia has been sleeping on a blow up mattress in her room, poor thing. We bought her some bunk beds, but aren't going to put them up until we move. So it is the air mattress until then.
Saturday the Barkers came down to see us. They stayed until Tuesday evening and then headed home. It was so much fun. Again, we didn't do a lot. Mostly hung out and let the kids play. But it was so nice to be around friends again. We don't have very many friends that are couples, so it was nice to hang out with them so much.
On Sunday, we went and had a family dinner at the Sean Young's house. It was super yummy and Keelia was so happy to see her cousins. It had been quite a while since we had seen them all and gotten to play. We are going to start doing monthly dinners together, so that should be fun. After dinner, we took my mom to the airport. Keelia and I were especially sad to see her go. We missed her the second she left. But we just look forward to the next time we get to see her!!
Yesterday, being Wednesday, and today, I have been trying to catch up on housework: laundry, dishes, dusting. Turns out when people come stay with you, it's almost like being on vacation yourself, so nothing gets done! :) We had a blast with all our company, but now it is back to reality.
We are going to start moving some time next week. That is the earliest we can get into our new place. We have the whole month of April to get out of our current place, so that is nice. Hopefully we can move kind of slow, but not too slow. Needless to say, things are going to be crazy around here for a while.
And I picked a preschool for Keelia. It is just a local one at a church. It was one we could afford and one we felt good about. I think she will really like it and we are all excited for her to try it out in the Fall. I can't believe she will be 3 1/2 next week. Where does the time go?!
Well, that's about it. I will try to be better at posting next month, but there are no promises.



2 comments:
Hey Katie,
I don't know where you want to live in UT or where Hunter is going to school, but I have a condo down the street from me that is 3 bedrooms for $800. We live in Pleasant Grove, right by American Fork hospital.
By the way, this is Esther. I found your blog while blog stalking. Love it!
The girls look amazing in their St. Patty's get up. I love all of your photos.
And I feel responsible for the disaster that is your apartment. I say sorry, really.
I do not know why in the world my posts are not updating on others blogs. If I had any idea how to fix it I would. It is really bugging me now that you and Traci pointed it out.
Last (since this is the longest comment eeeever) we are coming home in June. I expect to see you and your scrumptious daughters a lot. xoxo
Post a Comment