Thursday, January 31, 2008

Almost February??

I can't believe it is almost February. It seems like just yesterday was Christmas and now it is February??!! Time is going by so fast. I used to think when I was little that I would never grow up and now I don't know where my days are going. I guess "be careful what you wish for" applies here.
I really have nothing to blog about, but I get so annoyed at people who don't blog for weeks at a time, (I won't mention anyone in particular, this time...) that I don't want to become one of those people. So even though I have nothing exciting going on, I want to at least create a new post every few days.
I mean, I do have exciting stuff going on, but it is probably only exciting to me. And who am I kidding, I am like 1 of 3 people that actually read my blog, right?!
Keelia is getting more hair, which is totally exciting to me because I was thinking she may never get more hair. However, the hair coming in is spikey and sticks up all over the place, but I guess "sticky-up" hair is better than no hair at all, right? And despite how crabby she might be all the live long day, she sleeps at night. And she may not go to bed sometimes until midnight, (by the way, anyone know how to fix that problem?) but she sleeps 7, 8, even sometimes 9 hours at night. You can't beat that really. But the down side to that is, most of her naps during the day are 30-45 minutes. That is not really a nap as far as I am concerned. Anytime I sleep for less than 2 hours, I refuse to call it a nap. Every once in a while, I get lucky and she will go down for 3-4 hours, but it is usually when I need to be somewhere or have something I want to actually go and do that day. Isn't that always the way?! Some how they just know.
Let's see...more exciting stuff...Well, Hunter is back in school. I am so proud of him for going back. It is a big sacrifice on everyone's part, but I am just glad that he wants to finish. And he finally found something that he loves doing, so finishing won't be as torturous as it might have been. I about fell over the other day when he didn't have classes because of Martin Luther King Jr. day and he said to me, "I am sad I don't have school today." I loved my classes, for the most part, and I don't think I ever once thought, "I am sad I don't have to go today." In fact, I used almost every excuse in the book to not go to class. I used other people's excuses too. Anyway, enough about that. I am just proud of my sweet hubby for deciding to go back.
Well my "me" time is over. Keeli woke up from one of her famous 35 minute naps and it is back to reality.

3 comments:

Traci said...

I remember the 45 minute so called naps. And they wake up cranky and tired because they really are not long enough. For them or us! Call me when you have some time and we will talk about the going to bed late thing, but it invovles some crying. So when you are ready.

Jen said...

I'm just glad you posted something. I hate checking blogs that haven't had posts in months too! Especially those that haven't posted in 6 months. I eventually just stop looking at them.

I guess that means I should come up with something new for mine. Gotta go brainstorm.

Tillotson Family said...

I am so excited to see your cute family. Keelia is beautiful!! And yes, the outfit is definately justified. How fun to see your family at the blessing and Christmas. Everyone has changed so much that I will admit I am not sure who is who in every picture. I know you and your sister though! LOL. Keep up the entries as we have no TV reception in MI and you are now a great source of entertainment--Especially until the girls arrive in May.
P.S. My youngest son was a 35 min napper until I discovered the right napping position on his side-almost on his belly. From that point on they were all 2 hrs or more. Keep trying different things, she is bound to find something that works for her!