Thursday, December 29, 2011

Catch Up #2

I know someday I will look back and be mad that I didn't just blog these last several months while I was going through them, because as I am trying to recall the events, I am finding myself being frustrated that I can't remember more. So my last post brings me to August...
In August, Hadlee started crawling. Both my girls were late crawlers and I was in no hurry for her to do it, but she did. She crawled just like her sister with one leg bent up at the knee. Pretty funny to watch, but it's kind of their signature crawl. 
One of my good friends and college roommates came through on her way to Texas at the beginning of August and she stayed at my house for a few nights. It was nice to be able to see her and catch up. Another one of my good friends, and as luck would have it, college roommates, had just moved back here, so we caught up with her too. Jess, Jenny, that's you I'm talking about. Sadly, there was no picture taken. Next time, we won't escape without one. 
I flew to Utah for just one day for Lucas' baby blessing on August 7th. I left my girls here with Hunter. I was so lucky to be able to go be with family for that event, but I missed my girls. But it was a fun filled, packed 24 hours and I loved being there. I wish all my family lived closer. 



Also in August, on the 15th, Keelia started preschool two days a week. She goes for 2 1/2 hours. She loves it and was so excited to go to school. She has two darling little girls in her class that she just loves and are her great friends. One of them is also in our ward at church and they are best friends. So it was a nice surprise to have them be in the same class at school too. Keelia is learning so much and blows my mind everyday with how much she can learn and understand. Hadlee and I enjoy our time together, but we are always so excited to get to pick up Keelia when the time comes. Here are some pictures of her first day of school. 



Also in August, I turned 28. It was a very quiet birthday. But it was a great one. And I am hoping everyday that 28 is better than 27. Also on my 28th birthday, was my 10 year high school reunion. My mom watched the girls for me so I could go, and I am glad that I went. Somethings never change, but I sure had. But it was nice to catch up with friends who I have lost contact with and to see some that I talk to more often. Here is a picture from my birthday dinner that my mom had for me the next day. I was smiling, but looking back, I wish I had made Hadlee's face. :)


That about does it for August. September was a particularly hard month. There won't be much said about September. But Keelia did play a mini soccer league called "Lollipops" for six weeks in September and October. She loved it, but was bored and wanted to actually play. So if we do that again, I will put her on a team, not just in the mini league thing. Really, you can't beat it. She was all smiles except when she put on her "grrr face" and got a lollipop at the end of every time. I was so proud of her and was glad to see her enjoy soccer. Here are some pictures. 







And this is how Hadlee spent the six 45 minute sessions. I promise she does smile, but as it turns out, she doesn't like the camera until early October. 
And I am sure that more things than that happened in September, but like I said, it was a tough month on me and my memory is not what it used to be. Luckily for Hadlee, I have been okay at keeping up her baby book, so her teeth and special events are at least recorded that way, even if they are not on here. Oh well, right?
I think that is it for tonight. I realized that I have to get some of October's pictures off my camera before I can blog about the events. So I will do October in tomorrow's post. I just want to say that I really appreciate your comments, to those of you who have commented. I really appreciate the love, support, and friendship. So thank you.


6 comments:

Erica and Dan Kiefer said...

Well done on another catch up! I love the pictures of Keelia in her soccer uniform! what a little athlete like her mom. just wait till they make little league rugby. ; )
Sorry September was such a hard month... and then some. Thank goodness it's a new year, hopefully one that heals more than hurts and guides you to happier times. You are such a good mom. I'm glad your kids make you so happy and that you can be close to your own mother. Here's to a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

GreenEggsandSam said...

Think of you Katie. You're a Strong woman.

mckenzie said...

SO CUTE!!! Your girls are adorable. and might I just say that I love your background on your blog. It's so fun!

Court and Britt said...

Your family is so cute! I am way behind on blogging and reading blogs! Fun to see picture of your cute girlies! Take care!!
Love,
Brittany Waterlyn-Jones

Court and Britt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Court and Britt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.