Wednesday, May 16, 2012

October 2011

So, I didn't quite make the end of the year to finish my catch ups. And now I am 5+ months into the new year and I am still not caught up. But I am going to be better. I hope. 
October is a big month in our house. Keelia turned 4 on October 4th. We had to do her birthday kind of early because she had school on her birthday, but her daddy was able to come over on his way home from work, so that made it pretty special. We opened presents and had birthday donuts and she got her birthday balloons. After school, we had the Matt Young's, the Guellers, Nana, Papa, daddy, and Grandma for her party. She wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese for her party. I attempted a "Tangled" cake to go with her "Tangled" birthday theme. By the time we left there, we were all exhausted. I think it was a pretty successful birthday. I love Keelia and I am so grateful to be her mom. Here are some pictures.











Also in October, Hadlee turned 1! I can't believe how fast my baby is growing up. Her birthday fell on Hunter's day to have the girls. But he came over in the morning and we did birthday donuts and presents. And in the afternoon, we got lunch and went to the park with the Guellers. After Hadlee's nap, Hunter had the girls. My family celebrated Hads' birthday on Sunday, October 16th. Luckily, she doesn't know the difference. She is such a sweet, spunky girl, and I feel so blessed to be here mom. Here are some pictures.










Keelia continued her soccer camp through the middle of October and loved every second. Keelia also got her hair cut again. She looked so darling with her new do. Here are some pictures.


We had some crazy early snow in October and it didn't take Keelia long to learn to love it. Every time we had any snow on the ground, she wanted to get all dressed up and go out and play in it. Here she is playing in it.


In October, Hunter and I filed for divorce. It was not an easy decision to come to, but it was one that was necessary. It was an adjustment for everyone and still is at times.
One of Keelia's favorite holidays is Halloween. This year was a lot of fun! We went to my sister's multi-ward "trunk or treat," which is a fun tradition and an excuse to dress the girls up and get candy!



We had our traditional "orange dinner" hosted by my sister the Sunday before Halloween. We carved pumpkins and ate all things orange. And as it turns out, having to carve 3 pumpkins by yourself is less than awesome. :)





And here are the pictures from our Trick or Treating. We went with the Guellers and had a lot of fun. The weather was nice and with the exception of a few houses that were too scary, it was pretty uneventful. 

Also, toward the end of the month, Hadlee said her first word, which was..."caca." Turns out, I say that a lot when she tries to eat garbage or things off the floor or street. So it stuck. No judgement needed. I judge myself.


1 comments:

Beth said...

The "caca" part totally cracked me up! I totally find myself hearing things I say from my kids and cringing!! It happens to all of us. Just think, it could be worse :) Your girls are adorable. Like their momma!