I don't need everyone's jaws to drop at once. Sporadically would be just fine. Yes, I am going to try blogging again. Not for you, but for me. And my poor one year old, who has nothing of the last 6 months of her life recorded. So my goal is to summarize the last 6 months before the end of 2011, and then start a new blog. Wish me luck.
Last I left you, we were heading home to my mom's annual grandma camp out. Well, it was a family gathering if there ever was one. We missed the Jeff Young's because Jen had just given birth to baby Lucas. There are about 300 pictures to choose from that weekend, so I am going to just...summarize...And after just looking at the billions of pictures, I chose only one. Here you go. The weekend was filled with food, fun, hiking, sleeping in the playroom, a helicopter at the hospital, a water fight, playing at the park, and a mad camp fire. We love the grandma camp out and look forward to it every year.
And as you can imagine, with this many children, no picture is a good picture, so I just chose one. We made it back to Utah alive.
In June, Keelia had her very first dance recital. She did so well. I was one proud mama watching her do her routine. She looked darling as well. We had Hunter's parents, my mom, Tory and her kiddos, and Jeff, Jen, Lucas, and Will come watch. We are grateful for the love and support they showed Keelia. Here are a few pictures from her recital.
There were several videos too, but as we are summarizing, those won't be attached. Keelia did well and really loves dance.
We also took Keelia and Hadlee bowling for their first time. It was really fun and Keelia seemed to enjoy herself. Hadlee didn't really care either way, because she didn't get to bowl.
We also had passed to Seven Peaks Salt Lake and went twice, I think. It was super fun. I wish we had had more of a chance to use them.
In June, Hunter and I separated. I moved home to my mom's house with the girls. Hunter stayed in Utah.
That about sums up our month of June. But I found this picture taken at my brother Sean's house in June, of my two girls, and I think it is so darling.
July was an interesting month. Forgive my vagueness, but it is the only way to really get through it all. I decided to make my move home a permanent one. So I headed to Utah for the Murphy family reunion and also to pack up the apartment. My mom was already in Utah, so she was a huge help. And lots of family and friends pitched in to help us. We couldn't have done it without all the help.
While in Utah, I got to see my darling cousin Tricia, who lives in Canada. It was wonderful to be able to catch up with her and her sweet family.
The Murphy family reunion was a blast, just like every year. There was lots of playing in the water because it was so hot. But we somehow all survived the heat and keep going back. This year the Radandt/Young clan got an RV to share. It helped having somewhere with walls to go when it got too hot. And a flushing toilet. And again, I have about 300 pictures to sift through. So I will just choose a few. Grandma Roxie celebrated her 90th birthday, which is actually in August, but because we were all together, we celebrated it early. Hadlee ate her weight in grandma Roxie's cake and then got mad that there wasn't more and started eating the plate. And Ben fell asleep eating his taco.
It was very hard to pack up and leave Utah. All our friends and family that we had so close are missed terribly. But it was what had to be done. Hunter ended up moving home with us, but moved in with his parents. I am glad that he came home so that he could be closer to the girls. We drove with my mom and a moving truck home at the end of July. The rest of July was spent trying to settle into our new life here at my mom's. I think it is safe to say, we are STILL adjusting.
But again, I found this darling picture taken in July of my girls. I love them so much and feel so blessed to be their mom.
And that's all for tonight. Tomorrow night, hopefully, I will get through a few more months of catch up. I know the details are slight, but at least it is something to let you know what has been going on with us in the last few months.



6 comments:
I just wanted to be the first to leave an encouraging word of GOOD JOB on your blog catch up! that can be overwhelming and at least you're going for it. Sorry for the rough times you've been going through. I hope things adjust well and quickly for you. I've missed seeing what you're up to, so I'm happy you're blogging again! love ya!
Merry Christmas to me! Thanks for the catch up. Love you.
So glad to have to welcome you back to the world of blog. I have missed you terribly!
My prayers are with you. I love you!
Yay!! Missed the heck out of you girlie!!! So happy you're back:)
Glad to see you are back! I've missed your blog! Sorry to hear about your rough times. Hope things get better soon. Your girls are adorable!
Post a Comment