Saturday, April 30, 2011

Glad To Say Goodbye To April.

Yes, I know. April doesn't officially end until tomorrow night, but I am not that sad to see it go. And the snow we had today off and on, didn't help matters. Seriously, by May, it should not be snowing anymore. I mean a freak storm, MAYBE, but this cold, snowy/rainy weather has just go to go.
We got all moved in. We could not have done it without my wonderful brothers (and their families), wonderful cousin, and wonderful Corey. They were so great to give up their Saturday (the 15th) to help us. Hunter really did a ton of work the whole week before. We took several trips of stuff over at night or during down periods of the day. Moving this way had good and bad parts to it. Needless to say, I hope next time we move, we can afford to pay someone to do it for us. :) Probably not. But it is a nice dream. We are still getting settled. I think that is my least favorite part of a move. The moving is bad, but the settling in and finding a place for everything, is almost worse. We are slowly getting things hung up on the walls and getting most everything put away. I am driving my family crazy because I put things away one way and the next day they are put away totally different. Oh well. Eventually that will stop. Right?? I eventually want to post pictures of parts of our place. It is turning out pretty cute. My sister helped me decorate it when she was here in March. We had not even moved yet, but she helped me put together some crafts and things to do when we moved. And I did them. And I love them. And I want to show them off. So, soon, they will make their appearance.
We had a fantastic Easter. I missed being home with my mom for egg dyeing, but having the chance to do that with our own little family here, was fun. Keelia LOVED everything about Easter. I love holidays with kids. It is like getting to do everything all over again for the first time. The Easter Bunny was fantastic to us this year and brought us more candy than we needed. He also brought the girls some bubbles and each a toy. Keelia got a Rapunzel Barbie doll and Hadlee got a Little People Easter set. Hadlee was content to roll around on the floor while Keelia threw eggs in her general direction. I am happy to report we did not have any eggs go missing. That is always a huge accomplishment.













We went to our first Sunday at our new ward. It seemed okay. It is hard to tell from the first time you go, but I am hopeful that it will be a better situation for our family. I was pretty sick and had been all weekend, so we left a little early so that I could go to Urgent Care. (Turns out, I'm not dying and everything is okay. :)) The girls looked darling, if i do say so myself, in their Easter dresses this year. I just really love having two little girls and feel very blessed by them every single day!










We had dinner at Jeff and Jen's house. Everything was so yummy. Thanks again for hosting. It was fun to be with family and friends.
Hunter's last day of classes this semester was Wednesday the 27th. It is crazy how fast things are going around here. He has finals until the 4th and then he has almost two weeks off before Summer classes begin. As far as I know, he is doing well in classes. Let's hope that's all there is to know. :)
The girls are both getting so big. Keelia is so smart and is really becoming my little buddy. She is content most of the time to just hang out with me and do what I am doing. And I am loving this stage. I mean, every stage has it's challenges, but this stage is pretty great. Hadlee is still a very sweet baby. I can hardly believe how big she is getting. At her 6 month check up which was on April 22nd, she was 16 pounds, 8 ounces, 26 inches long, and 41cm for her head. So she is growing much better and seems to be much more healthy than she was at her last check up. For which we are all so grateful. She can sit up now. She still falls over some of the time, but she does pretty well on her own. She has no desire yet to roll over or anything, but this is kind of how Keelia was too, so I am not worried at all.
Well, I think that updates enough to where I can sleep without blog-guilt. So until next time.

3 comments:

Jess Christensen said...

Blog guilt. I love it. Keep the blog guilt coming because I like updates!

tricia said...

first, hadlee needs to not be so big considering i haven't even met her.
second, i love love love the gray and yellow decor you have going on.
third, keelia might need to come home with me if she gets any cuter in her easter attire.
fourth, i can't wait to see the new place in person and all your fun crafts.
fifth, i just wrote a huge comment and didn't capitalize a single word.
you are welcome. xoxo

Leslie said...

I'm impressed that you have already put stuff up on the walls. We've been here now for almost 2 years and I still haven't done that...