So my Halloween post is late. I will explain why in my next post. But here is how our Halloween festivities went down.
I dressed the girls in their Halloween shirts/outfits. They looked super cute. Here are some pictures of them.
Then we drove to Lehi to be with the Radandt family. We had jack-o-lantern pizza from Papa Murphy's and then went to the Zimmerman's trunk-or-treat. I took Keelia. Hunter stayed at the house with Hadlee. Which was fine. It was really wet and cold. And because it was really rainy and windy, they had the trunk-or-treat at their church pavilion instead of in the parking lot. It was quick and the kids got a lot of candy. And we mostly stayed dry. Then we went back to the Radandt's house to warm up. It stopped raining and we headed out to trick-or-treat their street. We went up one side and down the other. That was enough. It was cold, really dark, and getting late. Plus the kids had fun, didn't know the difference, and got plenty of candy. We ended the night by skyping with my family.
Keelia was Cinderella. She looked great. Hadlee was supposed to be a hot dog. She never got dressed in it. She slept through the entire trick-or-treating experience. I feel kind of bad that she didn't get a picture, but such is life. And to top things off, I didn't get one single picture of Keelia either. Luckily I have the ones from the birthday party we went to, but none from actual Halloween. Next year I will be better. And hopefully my kids will forgive me.
But we had a lot of fun. It was nice to be with some family. It makes me miss being home less. I still really miss being home at the holidays, but getting to be around family, doing fun things, makes it a little easier. So we really appreciate all the family we have close to us.
9 years ago



2 comments:
I didn't get pictures of my kids trick or treating at all. I'm really not sorry about it either, because their costumes were crap! :)
I hope things are starting to settle down a bit and that Hadlee is starting to feel better. Please let me know if I can do anything for you.
I am just going to pretend that you all sat home on halloween in complete silence contemplating world peace so that i can stop being jealous.
love.
Post a Comment